About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ASH WEDNESDAY -Lent Begins

For my non-Catholic friends today is Ash Wednesday, the day Lent begins. It occurs forty days before Good Friday. Actually, Ash Wednesday is its colloquial name. Its official name is the Day of Ashes. It is called Ash Wednesday because, being forty days before Good Friday, it always falls on a Wednesday and it is called Ash Wednesday because on that day at church the faithful have their foreheads marked with ashes in the shape of a cross.  I was blessed to be able to attend early mass this morning, and marked wih the ashes of my faith.

Have a wonderful day!
~Percy