About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Grandparents Day... Possum Birthday... Tide Rolls...

This day is often overlooked by so many, through nobody's fault, it is just not advertised as much as Mother's and Father's Day, but today is Grandparents Day.  If you are so lucky to still have your Grandparents or even your Great-Grandparents, let them know you haven't forgotten them.  Believe me, as a Grandparent myself, I now know what it's like.  We treasure our babies, and grand-babies no matter how old they are.  It's a hell of a deserted feeling to think you've been lost in life's shuffle by the ones you love more than life itself.
If you know me, you know I am one of the biggest fans of "The Possum" George Jones (in more ways than one).  Today is George's 79th birthday, and he still travels putting on the best concerts of his career.  I'll get to visit with him, Nancy, and The Jones Boys, again on October 8th, and I can't wait. You can find everything you want to know about "The Possum" on his website:  George Jones' Website.  He is also on Facebook, well I should say his wonderful wife Nancy is and she is very active, their Official Facebook account is:  George and Nancy Jones Facebook Fan Page.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
MY FRIEND!


THE CRIMSON TIDE rolled again last night against Penn State. 
It was a good one if you missed it.

Be Blessed.
~Percy