About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Friday, August 27, 2010

Remembering "Tough" Tony Borne

I was saddened to find out that "Tough" Tony Borne, father of my long time friend "Maniac" Matt Borne (the original WWF/WWE Doink The Clown), passed away this morning at his home in Portland, OR.  I had the opportunity to work with "Tough" several times in World Class Championship Wrestling in Dallas, when he would come to town to visit Matt.  Tony had been sick for quite sometime.
"Tough" Tony Borne and Matt while we
were working together in Dallas.
Tony and Leo "The Lion" Newman
Of course, all of these photos are
of Tony and Matt
"Tough" speaking with Marc Lowrance (above and
below) on the WCCW television program.
Greg Oliver of Canada's SLAM WRESTLING wrote an excellent obituary about Tony that can be reached by clicking on this link:  Slam Wrestling - Tony Borne Obituary

My sincere sympathies go out to Matthew and his entire family.

Be Blessed.
~Percy