About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Monday, August 16, 2010

Remembering THE MISSING LINK

On this date on 2007 my friend Dewey Robertson better known to many within wrestling circles as The Missing Link, passed away.  Dewey was a very much misunderstood individual.  Highly intelligent, a tremendous athlete, dependable friend, loving father, and yes the rumors are true he was a nudist.  In fact some of my favorite Dewey memories are of my visits to his home in the nudist parks in Florida and Texas.

Dewey was a proud Canadian. A year before his death his autobiography - the real story of The Missing Link "Bang Your Head" was released, I was honored to be be asked to write the forward for it.

I first met and managed Dewey as "The Link" In the Championship Wrestling From Florida territory in 1985.  The photo above shows me with The Link and his valet Sheena (Gail, his wife).  What wonderful times we shared through the years.
This is a video capture from our Florida days, we were
being interviewed by the great Gordon Solie.
Legendary ring Photographer Bill Otten captured the black and
white photos above and below, as myself and The Link were
on the streets of Orlando, Florida.
Dewey enjoying a restaurant meal.
Backstage in the locker room in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada,
Dewey's hometown; with his youngest son Jason.

I have truly been blessed to live my childhood dreams in the wrestling business, which truly humbles me.  But I will never forget my friends.  I know Dewey is resting high on that mountain and I am sure he has already bumped into my Dianna, I just hope he had his clothes on.

Be Blessed my friends.
~Percy