About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Monday, May 24, 2010

On this date in 2004...

A good Monday morning my friends,

When I originally made this post a couple of hours ago, I had my dates mixed up.  LOL  I guess I still have jet-lag from my California trip.  Actually, on this date in 2004 I had my gallbladder removed, which was a direct result from my gastric bypass surgery that I had on November 25, 2003.  That gall bladder surgery was responsible for my being taken off the road with The Undertaker and "buried" in concrete at The WWE Great American Bash 2004.

The story is getting kind of complicated here.  Bottom line is that the gastric bypass surgery saved my life and allowed me to return at WWE WRESTLEMANIA XX.  However... I was losing weight so quickly, and stayed so weak all the time, the road was taking it's toll on me too.  Then the gall bladder thing popped up, so it was the perfect opportunity for the company to take me back off the road.  Sorry, if I confused anybody... I confused myself.   LOL

Anyway... on November 25, 2003 I weighed 525 pounds (top and third photo below).  I was no doubt on my way to the grave.  I had the gastric bypass surgery, and at my maximum loss (second photo below), I dropped 240 pounds.  Through the trials and tribulations over the past 3-4 years with Dianna's cancer and death (I am not making any excuses) I have regained nearly 40 pounds, but after weighing 525 pounds, what can I say? 
The photo above was taken this past Saturday when
I was working with The NWA in California.
This photo was when I was "buried" in concrete
at The WWE Great American Bash
on June 27, 2004.

Be Blessed.
~Percy