About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Sunday, April 11, 2010

WRESTLEFEST - My personal notes...

First of all, I would like to extend my sincere thanks and appreciation to so many of you that sent birthday wishes to me yesterday, my 56th.  They all meant more to me than you may ever realize.

If you visited here, my facebook or twitter, you couldn't avoid knowing that for the first time in almost 4 years I climbed aboard a plane on Friday and made a major pro wrestling appearance on Saturday.  I was proud to be a part of The K&S Wrestlefest VI: Spring Spectacular, at the Radisson Hotel in Carteret, NJ.  What an outstanding event it was.  Promoters Ken and Steve, and their entire staff, did a fantastic job with the entire production, delivering another K & S event that fans and talent alike will talk about for many months to come.
I enjoyed seeing so many of my old friends from the industry, and having a chance to visit with many familiar fans, and also hundreds of new ones.  I was able to capture several photos with my cellular phone, however photographer Christine Coon working with Greg Oliver of SLAM SPORTS WRESTLING Canada have some outstanding photos that you can't afford to miss.  You may click on this link to view those pics:  SLAM'S WRESTLEFEST PHOTOS  The photo above is of course yours truly and my dear friends, the magical team of Adrian and Linda Street.

Al Perez

Yours truly with Al Perez, we met for the first
time in over 20-years.
Deuce and Domino, what a great underated tag duo.
My old buddy "The Original Doink The Clown"
Maniac Matt Borne (top and bottom photo).
Matt and myself have such a long history that
words couldn't do it justice.
With the legendary Ox Baker.  I first met Ox
in 1979 on my first tour of Japan.  I love him dearly,
Visiting with "Sharkboy" an outstanding grappler
in his own right.  I met him many years ago
when he was training with Les Thatcher.
Hamming it up with one of the old
blow-up Undertaker Urns that
a fan brought to be autographed.
A final photo with my 'ol buddy Dutch Mantell. As you can see I had my traveling bag on the shoulder, changed clothes, and was headed for the airport.  I had a opportunity to visit with my longtime friend Kathy Fitzpatrick on the way to the airport; Kathy was one of Sherri Martel's dearest friends.  There is no doubt that a great time was had by all.  I thank Ken and Steve for their hospitality and everyone, especially the great fans, that made it all possible.  I will be heading to Boston, MA on April 24th for another great event that you will read about right here on a few days.

Be Blessed.
~Percy