About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday stuff...

One year ago today, I was appearing at a local independent event, my wife Dianna was selling my "gimmicks". As we were leaving the building she was in severe pain, and unable to breathe. We ended up in the emergency room which resulted in a weeks stay in the hospital. Little did we know that this night would be the beginning of the end for her. She remained sick and in pain until the evening she died, January 31, 2009.

The Alabama Crimson Tide plays Florida International tonight at 6 pm at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa. Unfortunately it is on PPV, and as much as I enjoy The Tide, I can't justify a PPV buy on this one. However, I won't take Florida International lightly, as anybody can be beat any time by anybody.

Chris, the youngest son of Fritz and Doris Von Erich, passed away on this date in 1991. He was a damned good kid, and I still miss him dearly.

Birthday wishes go out this morning to the greatest country music singer of all time, "The Possum" George Jones.

Yesterday marked 12 straight days for me at the parlor. I sure need a weekend off, maybe this will be the one for me. Only time will tell...

It's gonna' rain all weekend... but I can handle that.

Be Blessed.
~Percy


Click for Mobile, Alabama Forecast