About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A little whine with my wine...

Good morning my friends... believe it or not this is my 560th BLOG post, and I was the one going to close this down 60 posts ago.

For those of you that know me well, I think you will enjoy this little story, in fact if you don't know me personally you will probably get a kick out of this too.

I don't partake of too much alcohol these days, when I do it is usually my old friend Jack Daniels. For some odd reason, I have been wanting to give wine a try recently. I have never drank wine except for communion at church, so I don't know where this hankering is coming from. Anywhoo...

I ordered some chinese take-out Monday night after leaving a visit at my parents house and drove over to pick it up. Going into the restaurant I saw the little liquor store next door and it's sign "WINE" in the window. So... I went in.

The girl (woman) behind the counter recognized Paul Bearer as soon as he walked in and wanted to talk 'rasslin. I answered her questions, then she answered my wine questions. She made a suggestion to me, I paid for it and went on my merry way, and promised to let her know what I thought of it. I got my chinese and went home to my three sausage dogs to watch RAW and stuff my face with rice. For whatever reason, I didn't try the wine that night.

So... last night, I decided to try some while watching American Idol. Stupid me finally got the wrapper off of the top of the bottle and discovered that I needed a corkscrew to open the damn thing. I even tried a knife, to no avail. To hell with it... I put it back in the the refrigerator until I can go to store and pick up the proper tools so I can try the stuff. LOL

I guess you just had to be there. I knew I should have called my wine expert friend "Plowboy" Kurt Nielsen for advice (who by the way is my PP3.com webmaster).

Stay tuned and I will let you know if I ever get try try some wine, so I can quit whining about it. LOL

Be Blessed and have a great Wednesday.
~Percy
www.percypringle.com