About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday... Whooooooo Birthdays...

Today is Ash Wednesday, celebrated in my Catholic Faith as the first day of Lent. It occurs forty-six days (forty days not counting Sundays) before Easter. Ash Wednesday gets its name from the practice of placing ashes on the foreheads of the faithful as a sign of repentance. The ashes used are gathered after the Palm Crosses from the previous year's Palm Sunday are burned. The priest who presides at the service makes the sign of the cross with the ashes upon each of those present. As he does so, he recites the words: "Remember man that you are dust, and to dust you shall return."

Today is also Ric Flair's 60th birthday. I wish my friend the very best, because in the world of professional wrestling he is the very best.

Forgive me, but with all of the Mardi Gras madness going on yesterday, I forgot to mention that it was my daughter-in-law Jami's 22nd birthday. Jami is my youngest son Daniel's lady, the mother of my second grand-daughter, Danielle. I didn't forget, as I called her and sent her a little gift, but I just failed to list in it here on my BLOG.

Yesterday was also my oldest pet dachshund "Oscar" 6th birthday. Believe me, my three dogs were spoiled before Dianna left us; they are absolutely rotten now, thanks to me. LOL

Have a great day, and as always...
Be Blessed.
~Percy