About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Thursday, January 03, 2008

AS COLD AS IT GETS


Hello my friends,
It was 22 degrees (11 degree windchill) when my feet hit the floor at 5:30 am, here in God's Country. Believe you me that is as cold as it gets around here!

The cold snap got me thinking that Mardi Gras this year falls earlier than ever. Ash Wednesday is on February 6th, so that translates into a February 5th Mardi Gras Day. In fact, February 5th is Alabama's primary election day. Mardi Gras is so important around here that the coastal Alabama counties will go to the polls early, on Friday, February 1st.
You regular visitors here know how much we love and enjoy Mardi Gras. Some may not understand that the festival was born right here in Mobile, not in New Orleans. I have a feeling that we are going to freeze on the streets this year! Guess I better talk to Mr. Jack Daniels about ordering some extra anti-freeze. The first official parade will roll on Friday, January 18th.
I hear tell that it will be 50+ years before Mardi Gras comes this early again. Mercy... my 3 year-old granddaughter will be in her fifties and my fatt butt will be six feet under. LOL
I will be appearing at an independent event in Pensacola this Saturday night. We'll get some information on that up for you shortly.
Be Blessed.
~Percy