About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Recalling A Horrible Anniversary Today

As a resident of the Gulf Coast, today we mark the anniversary in 2005 of Hurricane Katrina. There is no doubt that you all have seen the video and photographs of this unwanted visitor to our beautiful area. On that awful day many of my neighbors had their world destroyed; their homes, the artifacts of time and family and so many of their treasures were lost. But that day did not claim their spirit which has shone like a lighthouse beacon for all to see.

From New Orleans right here to my doorstep in Mobile, Katrina's visit can still be seen and felt. I have never and will never complain about the inconveniences that day gifted my family; as just down the road many lost it all including their lives. We southern coastal folks force a smile and try to shrug it off as these anniversaries come along each year. Those of us that have lived here most of our lives can recall the other nasty visitors we have endured, and can only stay prepared for the unknown date and time that there will be another. The price we must pay to live in "God's Country."

Be Blessed.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com