About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Catching up...

Any of you old of enough to remember can probably recall where you were when you heard the news on this date in 1977. The day Elvis Presley died. I was one year fresh out of the Air Force and was serving my first apprenticeship as a Funeral Director. I was listening to the radio at the funeral home when learned of his passing. About two weeks after his funeral I was in Memphis doing Jarrett's TV show, and visited the mausoleum where they kept his body until they moved him to Graceland. There were still hundreds of floral tributes lining the roadways to his grave.

Speaking of funeral homes, I recently made a change and I am now managing Funeral Director at a brand new facility. I have been busy geeting things ready to serve our first family. We should be open by this time next week.

Many of you have asked about my weekend at THE CAPITOL LEGENDS CONVENTION. I wish I had the time to tell you all about it. It was simply fantastic! I had more fun than the fans who paid to attend. I visited with many old friends that I haven't seen in such a very long time, especially Bret Hart. There's nothing like old friends.

Have a great week.
God Bless.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com