About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Escape From New York

I had my doubts several times, but I safely made it back to "Sweet Home Alabama" all in one piece. Seriously, I enjoyed a good trip into JFK Airport and The K & S Promotion Classic Action Figure Signing on Saturday. I had a blast visiting with several old friends, and meeting some new ones as well.

I was concerned about my flight home last night, as we were delayed an hour and a half out of JFK, and I only had about an hour's connection in Atlanta. It was the last flight into Mobile for the night, and if I missed it. Well... Fortunately, it was slightly delayed also, and I made it to the gate just as they were preparing to shut the door. Whew... it was a close one indeed.



I had a chance to see one of the members of the original 1985 "Pringle Dynasty" Barry Horowitz (above), for the first time in 10 years or so. We hashed up a bunch of old memories for sure.


It was fun sitting between my 'ol buddy Kimala, and Outlaw Ron Bass (above) too. I watched Ron Bass here in my home territory back in the early 1970's as he teamed with Don Bass, and they were managed by "Maw" Bass (the late Mae Weston).



Ernest "The Cat" Miller (above) was in attendance. I thought we had met in the past, but he told me it was our first encounter. It seemed like I knew him, what an interesting guy. Then there was an old friend that was a fixture at Madison Square Gardens for many years, Elliott, known as "The Professor." It was good to see him again.

Special thanks go out to Ken and Steve for their hospitality, and to my new found friend, young fan Bryan Sokol. I know I missed a bunch of names, but you know who you are, I appreciate you all!

We'll shout at you tomorrow, enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

~Percy

www.PercyPringle.com