About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Remembering John F. Kennedy

On this date, November 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas. I was 9-years old at the time, and like many of you my age and older, I can recall that moment vividly.

I was in the fourth grade at Annunciation Catholic School in Bogalusa, Lousiana. The Principal came into our class room and gave us the earth shattering news. The entire student body marched across the street to the church where we said a rosary in memory of JFK. I was glued to the television for the next several days watching the pomp and circumstance of my first Presidential Funeral. I really think that this incident played an important part in my decision to go into Mortuary Service later in life. Notwithstanding some deaths within my family during the same time frame.

I have always been a JFK assassination buff, and have read tons of material regarding that horrible day, including the complete Warren Report. I have two shelves in one of my bookcases dedicated to that very subject. I don't have any doubt in my mind that Lee Harvey Oswald killed President Kennedy as a lone gunman.

Living in Dallas for 6-years, I never passed Dealey Plaza without thinking of that tragic day. In fact, I sat on the grassy knoll countless times, as The Sportatorium was less than a mile away.

Today, we remember...

God Bless.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com