About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My Thoughts... Eddie Guerrero



When I think of Eddie Guerrero, I remember a 17-year old running around backstage at the wrestling matches in El Paso, Texas in the mid-1980's. During my early years with The Von Erich's World Class Wrestling, Eddie's Father Gory, co-promoted the events there. Eddie hadn't started his ring career as of yet, so he helped out where ever he could. This included bringing the boys jackets back to the dressing room from the ring, and running to the concession stand for us. I smile as I recall one night when I was painted yellow by Matt Borne. Eddie pulled me aside as I was headed for the ring, and gave me the "heads up" on a rib that was being played on me. He told me that my dear friend good 'ol Maniac Matthew Borne relieved himself in paint bucket that I was going to be doused with. Unfortunately, it was a bit too late for me to do anything about it. When I returned colored with several shades of yellow, Eddie was there to do what he could to help me clean up. I didn't see Eddie for several years after that, but we always recounted that night and laughed.

I am sincerely at a total loss for words. It is late on Tuesday night, and Eddie passed two days ago. I wanted to express my feelings since Sunday, but I just don't know what to say. I wish I had the vocabulary to completely explain how my heart is aching again at another loss of a brother and friend. There have been so many. The list goes on... and on... I find myself asking will there be another, and who will it be? Yes, there will be another. The Bible tells us that when we are born, we are destined to die. I can't find any comfort recounting the names that have been etched on tombstones. What is it about this business that I have dedicated my entire adult life to? Why will we give up everything we own to pay to play the game? I don't have the answers.

Eddie Guerrero was a fine human being, who dearly loved the industry he was born into. He cherished his precious family. Now, we who remain cherish his memory.

God Bless.

~Percy

www.PercyPringle.com