About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Monday, September 12, 2005

Monday Bits and Pieces...

"THE POSSUM" IS 74 YEARS YOUNG!
NEW CD BEING RELEASED TOMORROW!

My hero, the greatest country singer of all time, George Jones, celebrates his birthday today. His brand new CD "HITS I MISSED ...AND ONE I DIDN'T" will be in music stores tomorrow. I was fortunate enough to get an advance copy a couple of weeks ago, and I must tell you that this has to be his best work in many years. There is no doubt that the old saying, "The Older The Wine, The Sweeter The Taste" applies to "The Possum." If you are an old school country fan like me, this is one that you must have in your collection. You can visit George's website at: www.GeorgeJones.com . Speaking of "The Possum," congratulations go out to Tom and Debbie Killen who are proud grandparents of Tate Alexander Thurman, who was born to their daughter Amanda and her husband last week. Tom has been George's Steel Guitar Player for almost 25-years. He's a fantastic musician and a dear friend.


If you read my BLOG entry on September 6th, you can't help but compare this photo with the one posted there. The picture above was taken around 1972 or 1973. I believe (but don't hold me to it) that I was in my first year with The United States Air Force. That would make Sister Joan Marie a senior in high school, and brother Harry "Bubba" a junior. I'm happy to tell you that "Bubba" has been released from the hospital. However, he is not out of the woods as of yet. He still has some other issues to deal with. On behalf of our Family, I would like to thank you all from our heart of hearts, for all of the kind emails, thoughts and prayers. We can't stop now, so we ask that you keep Harry III on your prayer lists.


I had a fantastic time in the Boston area on Friday and Saturday, courtesy of CHAOTIC WRESTLING. They hit a homerun with their SUMMER CHAOS event, and our seminar at the CHAOTIC TRAINING CENTER was so much fun I sincerely hated to leave. It was great to visit with Jamie Jamitkowski, Mike Hollow, the entire office staff, talent roster, and students in training. Not forgetting The Legendary "Killer" Kowalski and Delaware's ECWA Jim Kettner. It's refreshing to know that the future of our business is in great hands in the northeast. Check them out at: http://www.chaoticwrestling.com/



I appreciate Vince Russo and his RING OF GLORY for the kind interview with me on their website: http://www.ringofglory.com/
You find that this is a unique interview in that I speak frankly about my walk with Our Dear Lord Jesus Christ. Vince has some great plans for the future, and I am excited about becoming a part of them.






Two weeks ago today Hurricane Katrina hit our Gulf Coast. Once again I ask that if you haven't had a chance to do the right thing for the victims of this horrible storm, that you do it today. There are several links on my previous BLOG entries over the past week that might help you decide how you may want to help. Just follow your heart and help!




I appreciate you folks more than you will ever realize. I hope you all have a great week, and God Bless!
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com