About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Friday, July 22, 2005

RIP Lord Alfred Hayes - PB Action Figure and more...


I took the bottom photo above of "Lord" Alfred Hayes at The Cauliflower Alley Reunion in Las Vegas in 2003. That was the last time I saw my friend. As you can tell from the picture he was very sick then, and has been ill for a very long time. However, he took the time to sit with me and remember some fun things we did in the old WWF. He was so proud that I received the Managerial Award Honors from The CAC that year. Alfred was 77 years of age. Our sympathies go out to his family and friends.

My favorite memory of Alfred was my first appearance on WWF's PRIME TIME WRESTLING talk show on The USA Network on March 4, 1991. Ironically, I was giving a demonstration on how to embalm a body, with Bobby Heenan, Vince McMahon, and Alfred played the part of the deceased. It was one of the funniest vignettes that I was ever a part of. In fact, I just pulled it from my library and watched it again for the first time in years. Classic stuff that I will never forget.

Go Rest High On That Mountain My Friend, Your Work On Earth Is Done.





www.WrestlingFigs.com released the news yesterday that a Paul Bearer action figure will be a part of the new Classic Superstars Series 9 set. You can read it for yourself at: CLASSIC PB FIGURE




Once again I am proud to say that I will be a part of The Ground Zero Pro Benefit event this evening in North Biloxi, Mississippi. Belltime will be at 8:00 PM, at The Joppa Shrine Temple on Hwy. 67, just North of Interstate 10. I encourage all Gulf Coast Wrestlers and Fans to come out and "do the right thing" for young Sean Saxon. Sean is the 16-year old son of indy star John Saxon. He was paralyzed in a swimming accident last summer. The card will be highlighted by Billy Gunn, Road Dogg Jesse James, Sonny Siaki, Kevin Northcut, and many more. There will also be a special 20-man Battle Royal. We'll see you at ringside!

We will have more news for you on tomorrow's BLOG.
Have a great weekend!
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com