About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Thursday, July 07, 2005

HURRICANE WATCH and more...



Here we go again. This time I'm not too ashamed to admit that I am very worried about this one. Hurricane Dennis has the potential of becoming a major disaster for the Gulf Coast. We are 3-4 days away from landfall and there are already lines at many stores, banks, pharmacies and gas stations. Fortunately, we keep an emergency supply of storm needs. However, I was out early this morning restocking. For the first time, I even invested in a portable home generator. I was very lucky to get my hands on one, as Home Depot and Lowes are already sold out. We will keep you folks updated as we approach the weekend. I just ask for your prayers for everyone in Dennis' path.

Notwithstanding Hurricane Dennis, there are three independent events that I am planning on attending this weekend. Friday has the AWF - Alabama Wrestling Federation in Semmes, Alabama ( a suburb of Mobile). Saturday will see Ground Zero Pro Wrestling in Biloxi, Mississippi with a benefit for Sean Saxon, the 16-year old son of local indy star John Saxon. Sean was paralyzed in a swimming accident last summer. I ask that all local ring talent and fans do the right thing for Sean on Saturday evening. On Sunday, Ground Zero Pro will host another event in Houma, Louisiana.

As many of you already know, Sunday will mark the termination of my WWE talent contract dated October 3, 2003. For the first time in almost 14-years I will be free to work independent dates. I am really exicited about the new direction my career is taking. Keeping in mind that I also signed a new multi-year "Legends" deal with WWE last month. I will continue to have strong ties with the company while remaining a "Freebird."

I have been asked to comment on the recent mass releases of WWE talent. I don't really have anything to say on the subject at this time. Business is business, and just like in my situation, many of the talent were blessed with the run that they had with the company. The independent promoters are going to have a plethora of talent to choose from, and I understand that there are many more to come. I'm certain that that you will hear me speak more on this subject, and many more, as I am being booked on several wrestling talk shows in the coming weeks.

Take care my friends.
Tomorrow is Friday!
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com

Click for Mobile, Alabama Forecast