About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Reunion Week

The week that I anxiously anticipate each and every year has finally arrived. It's time for our 14th Annual Gulf Coast Wrestler's Reunion. Due to my schedule, my posts here will be few, if I have time to write anything at all. Don't expect to read any details about our get together, as it is only open to active and retired members of our industry. It is not a fan festival, and we respect our privacy.

You will hear about the world famous "Plowboy" Kurt Nielsen, who of course is my webmaster and dear friend, as he makes his first visit to the Gulf Coast. I will be picking him up at the airport tomorrow evening, and the next few days will be Reunion filled, with some sightseeing, and southern food/drinks in the mix. Many of you know that Kurt also runs the Cauliflower Alley website, and is on The CAC Board of Directors. If "Plowboy's" visit isn't one that he will remember for many years, it certainly won't be my fault.

I lost a respected mentor over the weekend, as former wrestler/promoter George Culkin passed away in Vicksburg, Mississippi at the age of 78. George wrestled as George Curtis for many years, as he tag-teamed with Don Curtis. He owned the ICW-International Championship Wrestling territory in Mississippi during the late 1970s, which was my first "real" organization that I worked for. In fact, Percy Pringle III was born there, under the watchful eyes of George's booker, Frankie "The Great Memphisto" Cain. Not only did George kick start my career, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Kimala, and Rip Rogers began there as well. He was also a member of our Gulf Coast Wrestlers Reunion. I will always have many fond memories of Mr. George Culkin, and my sympathies go out to his family. May he rest in peace.

Take care, my friends!
~Percy
http://www.percypringle.com/