About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Rain... Amazing Grace... and more...

We have some awfully bad weather moving through the Gulf Coast today. A tornado warning has been up for most of the day. It seems spring has really sprung around here. I did manage to get my walk in between showers this morning. I had a couple of close calls dodging the storm clouds. I don't mind getting wet, but I was worried about my ipod and cell phone. All hell broke loose as I got about 5 houses away from my home. Fortunately, today was garbage day, and the wind blew the top of my garbage can down the street. I never knew what a great umbrella a garbage can lid can make.

We have granddaughter Grace with us today. She is almost back to 100%, and she will probably go back to day care starting tomorrow. The older she gets the more fun we have with her. She will be 8-months this Saturday. She's truly our "Amazing Grace."

It's time to renew my Texas Funeral Directors' and Embalmers licenses again. I've been busy finishing up some continuing education requirements this week. Every two years I consider letting them lapse, but you never know what the future holds in store. Then on the other hand, I have such a huge investment in my education, I would be crazy to let them go, even if I never work in the mortuary business in Texas again. I have been licensed in Texas since 1982. I also hold licenses in Mississippi.

Of course, we all know it's tax time too. I have my annual confession with my accountant on Thursday. For almost 14-years now, the WWE giveth and The U.S. Treasury taketh away. But don't get the wrong idea, I count my blessings EVERY day.

We are also closing in on The Cauliflower Alley Banquet and Reunion in Las Vegas, April 14th through 16th. I am still looking forward to making the trip this year. I just hope their TV advertising holds true, "What Happens In Vegas, Stays In Vegas." Heehee....

Have a fine day, my friends!
~Percy
http://www.PercyPringle.com