About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

No Apologies...

Just as I predicted, I've been blasted via email and several message boards concerning yesterday's BLOG.

Every word came from my heart. I meant what I said. I don't know why it's so hard for some folks to comprehend. Unlike The Cauliflower Alley Club, and other Wrestling "Reunions" that have popped up recently, our Gulf Coast Reunion IS NOT open to the public. We do not charge the public admission. What's the problem? It's plain and simple. If you are an active or a retired member of our industry, we welcome you. Unfortunately, we turned down several applications this year. In fact, a couple were people who slipped through the cracks and were allowed in before. I'm flabbergasted that some question the reasons concerning who we let in and who we don't. Our rules WILL NOT change. In fact, after this year's experiences, they will become tighter.

Don't get me wrong. I mentioned The CAC and the recent Wrestling "Reunions." I have no problem with those events. In fact, I am a lifetime member, and Honoree of The CAC, and I will be in Las Vegas next month. Fans are welcomed at those events, and they pay to attend. If you have never attended one, it is a must for every serious ring aficionado. There's nothing like rubbing shoulders with the grapplers that you've watched for years.

Virtually every profession has it's conventions. Doctor's do not welcome patients at theirs, nor Lawyers, Candle Makers, Bakers, or Indian Chiefs. Allow us the same respect. One time a year we gather as brothers and sisters. Are we "diss-ing" our fans for not wanting them there? Please...

Next year will be our 15th Anniversary Reunion, and people, I can't wait. It's an experience that you cannot understand unless you are, or were, a member of our profession. These will be my last comments on this subject. I will not be baited into responding to email and message board pissing contests. I've been there, done that, and have a t-shirt to prove it. It's time to move on.

I would like to thank my fellow GCWR Board of Directors once again, and all of our members from all over the country. A fantastic time was had by all.

I wish you all a good week.
Take care, my friends!
~Percy