About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Friday, February 04, 2005

The Rain Is Gone... and more.

Our 4-day rainfest finally ended, and Mardi Gras fever has really taken over our City. We went to last night's parade downtown, and had a fantastic time. The parades only get better each night, as we draw closer to Mardi Gras day on the 8th.

I had two unique wrestling experiences last night on the streets of Mobile, from two boys about 10 or 11 years old. The first one came up to me asking for an autograph, and told me how much he enjoyed watching 'Taker and myself take the WWF title from Hulk Hogan. That caught me completely by surprise, and I told him that he couldn't have seen it because he wasn't even born then. His response was, "Paul you know we can get DVDs now." Stupid me. LOL

The second young man came up to me later in the evening and asked, "Paul... is The Undertaker a face or a heel these days?" I couldn't find the words to respond to him. I just smiled and he walked away. Folks ask me if our business has changed. Please...

I was reading the newspaper this morning and realized that I had forgotten that a few days ago, January 28th, was the anniversary of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster in 1986. I vividly remember that day. I pulled into the parking lot of The Sportatorium in Dallas to pick up my paycheck. Gino Hernandez pulled up next to me in his corvette at the same time. He asked if I was listening to the radio. I wasn't, I had a George Jones tape in at the time. Then he told me about the accident. We both went inside, and gathered around a little TV in Bronko Lubich's office and watched the newscast. That was the last time I saw Gino alive, as he was found dead two days later.

Well... it's treadmill time, and another big parade this evening. I wish you all a fine weekend.

Take care, my friends.
~Percy

http://www.percypringle.com/