About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Happy Birthday Oscar!

Two of our three "babies" Dachshunds, Conecuh (left) and Oscar (right). They just love the morning sun.

I am certain that you dog lovers out there can appreciate that today our family is celebrating the 2nd birthday of our male Dachshund, Oscar. In the photo above, he is the red one on the right. We bought Oscar on April 9, 2003 to replace our Chinese Pug "Pugsley," who was 13 years old when we had him euthanized, coincidentally two years ago tomorrow. We decided on the Dachshund breed after realizing that no other pug could replace our departed "Pugsley." Oscar became a part of the family so quickly that we bought him a girlfriend "Conecuh." They eventually had a family of their own this past summer, as 4 female puppies were born. We kept the first born, and named her "Vienna." Needless to say, the three of them are just like my own kids and granddaughter. You mess with my dogs, you are walking on the fighting side of me.

I went to the bookstore a couple of days ago, and caught up on some of the new wrestling releases. I do that about 5 or 6 times a year. I pride myself on my wrestling library. I am currently reading Harley Race's autobiography.

I guess no news is good news, as they say. Things are fairly quiet around here. As my 'ol buddy Jim Ross says, "...business is getting ready to pick up", as we draw closer to our Annual Gulf Coast Wrestler's Reunion next week.

Take care!
~Percy
http://www.percypringle.com/